There are so many reasons why you should consider using video in your real estate business. Other than all of the eye popping statistics about how much video people are watching online per day, I can offer you this information from some research and my own personal experience.
Read on to learn more.
5 Reasons Why You Should Use Video Marketing In Real Estate
- It’s the reality. Video is truly the best way to capture the true essence of a home. Unless you are physically in a home, there is nothing better to capture the feel and look of the space than video.
- Get the big picture! Video offers much more than still photos. With video, you can easily see where and how rooms and spaces connect. And, you just get an overall better feel of the space.
- They like me! They really like me! Video is a great way to market yourself. If you have a portfolio of videos that you’ve made of your listings, prospective clients are going to be more apt to come to you. They realize your dedication and professionalism and will want you to guide them.
- Share it! Everyone loves to view and share their friends, family, neighbors and co-workers' videos. This is the easiest way to get more traction on your listings. Don’t deny all of the benefits of social media.
- Meeting expectations. More and more home buyers expect to see video with a listing, and sellers expect it as a part of their deal with you, their realtor. If you don’t have it, you just might lose that business.
Can You Make Your Own Videos?
Yes, of course you can make your own videos. With all of the technology at our fingertips today, it has become quite easy to do so. If you do decide to give it a try on your own, here are a few basic tips:
- Turn that phone around. Using your smartphone? The best and easiest thing to do is to hold the phone horizontally. If you don’t, you end up with a portrait style video and not the full frame.This definitely screams amateur video.
- Get steady, people. Invest in a stabilizer for your phone so you don’t have that nauseating video that people can barely watch. This is a major turn off.
- Time of day. When shooting interiors of a house, lighting is key. You don’t want direct sun coming in, so mid-day will be difficult to navigate. Try shooting in the early morning, just before sunset or on an overcast day.
- Good audio. If you want to use audio for any type of narration or voice over, be sure that it is quiet around you, and think about investing in a mic (they make decent mics, even for iPhones nowadays). Steer clear of music in the background, background chatter, lawn mowers, etc.
Benefits to Using a Video Marketing Professional?
As stated above, you can make your own video, and you can probably do a decent job; however, there are benefits to hiring a professional:
- Time management. Do you have the time to make your own video? At InnerAction Media, this is part of what we do, and we do it well and in a timely manner.
- Quality. Our equipment (cameras, lights, audio) is top quality, and we are experienced video producers. And, I don’t want to sound biased, but I would be lying if I said there wasn’t a difference in the final product.
- The story. Most importantly, we specialize in telling stories. Whether it is a person, a company or a house – we are very good at scripting the message you want to get out.
Where Else Can You Use Video For Your Marketing Strategy?
The possibilities are endless really, but here are a few additional ideas you might want to consider:
A testimonial video can have a huge impact and can help you get new sellers. Happy, satisfied clients are the best advertisers for your business. There is nothing better than a heartfelt message from happy home buyers or sellers, and they are much easier to believe than written testimonials. These testimonials can be used on their own or can be part of your bio/intro video.
Bio or Intro Video
People want to work with real people. So, potential clients want to know about you, too. This doesn’t have to brag about your sales, but rather a brief and warm introduction about yourself, and how you can not only sell their house, but how you will be their guide (because really isn’t that what people want – a nice, honest person who also happens to be an expert in real estate sales).
- What’s your story?
- Why are you in the business?
- What makes you a local expert on the area?
This video can be used over and over again. On your website, social media and in emails, etc.
Neighborhood Tour Videos
It’s not just the house that people want to see, but what’s around it? What are the neighboring houses like? What shops, businesses, schools and restaurants are nearby? This is something that can be used over and over, as well as be linked to your listings in that particular area. This is particularly beneficial to a college town, such as Morgantown, WV. People looking at homes from afar can really get a feel for the different areas (and after seeing your videos, will come here looking for you).
You can create a series of short videos offering your expertise, either of the area or just in home buying/selling in general. This is a a great way to impress the clients that you have, get your name out there as a local expert and as an overall knowledgeable agent for those who don’t already know you. It can only help you build a reputation as being a great resource.
InnerAction Media | Video Marketing Agency in Morgantown, West Virginia
InnerAction Media is a full service digital marketing firm. In a nutshell, we can produce a great video for you, but we can also take that many steps beyond just production. Making a great product is one thing, but where, when and how you market that product is another.
One thing to keep in mind is that people want an expert guide. Whether it is on a whitewater rafting trip, or buying your first home, people want an expert to lead them on that adventure or next big step in their life.
As a real estate agent or broker, YOU are the the expert guide in buying and selling homes. At InnerAction Media, WE are the expert guide in marketing. We can prove to your customers that you are the expert they need!
To learn more about our video process, click below, or give us a call: (304) 241.4959