With Inbound Marketing, you may feel like you're being overwhelmed by all of the different content that you need to create in order to be effective at marketing your company.
True, Inbound Marketing is comprised of many important elements, but one that is at the top of the list is video engagement.
Why video you may ask?...Simple!
Everyone has a story to tell. You need to make sure your story is getting through to your target audience in the most effective way possible.
"The medium is the message."
It doesn't matter how good your message is, if you aren't putting it out there on the right medium, it won't have the same great effect you are anticipating. Your message will be lost...video can help get your story out there with great results.
Here are some video statistics that will prove why video marketing is so important.
According to the Online Publishers Association:
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video on a website they visited in the last 30 days
Of that 80%, 46% took some action after viewing the video:
- 26% looked for more information about the subject of the video
- 22% visited the website named in the video
- 15% visited the company represented in the video
- 12% purchased the specific product featured in the video
According to ComScore:
- 60% of website visitors are more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video
- Visitors who view videos stay on the site an average of two minutes longer than those who don’t
According to Forbes Insight:
- 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text
- About 65% of those who view a video, click through to visit the vendor website
- 50% look for more information
- 45% report that they contacted a vendor after seeing an online video
- About 50% of those who viewed an online marketing video, went on to make a purchase for their business
Video is also a great tool for email.
- Eloqua, an automated email marketing provider, noted that including video in an introductory email reduced the number of subscriber opt-outs by 75%. Maintaining that contact is a vital part of establishing a relationship with prospects.
- One online marketer reported a 51% increase in subscriber-to-lead conversion rates when video was included in an email marketing campaign
The amount of information that can be displayed through one second of video greatly outnumbers the amount of information that can be read. Video also does a great job at appealing to emotions much quicker than text can.
Online video can indicate professionalism and brand quality. If you take the time to produce a high-quality video, you will be seen as a more legitimate company.
Video will also help increase search engine optimization.
In the Google search engine results pages, thumbnail images are sometimes attached to the results to indicate that the web page contains a video. These images typically have higher click through rates than standard results, so you create more website traffic.
YouTube is the world’s second biggest search engine after Google (Google owns YouTube). The only way to get a presence on YouTube is to have video content and a channel, which you can use to rank in both YouTube and Google search, which will ultimately drive brand awareness, referrals and sales.
Through increasing engagement and trust, video content can be a great way of driving greater conversions from visitors to leads, from leads to customers and from customers to promoters.
To sum up, video marketing is a driving factor for effective Inbound Marketing. If you want your company to be at the top of search engines, increase website traffic, convert visitors into customers and therefore increase sales, video is a must.
At InnerAction Media, we understand the necessity of implementing video in marketing, and we can help you develop a great strategy for your company. Learn more here.
Thanks for reading,